MSU to Fans: Behave Yourselves
BOZEMAN – Montana State University will host Saturday's Brawl of the Wild at Bobcat Stadium, and with ESPN Game Day on hand, and a national audience watching, school officials have issued a statement asking fans to be on their best behavior.
“We know everyone is excited to cheer on the Cats this weekend, but we also want to show good sportsmanship,” said Leon Costello, MSU director of athletics. “That includes respecting officials, the opposing team and fellow fans on all sides of the Brawl.”
MSU Athletics' Code of a Champion asks fans to keep the following principles in mind:
- We all represent Bobcats. Do so with class and displays of sportsmanship.
- Respect all staff, fans, officials, student-athletes and opposing teams.
- Cheer long and LOUD - in a respectful manner that avoids obscene or abusive language.
- Refrain from behaviors that are unruly or disruptive.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior when consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Respect all facility regulations and event staff personnel.
Costello askd fans who observe unruly behavior in the crowd to contact a member of the staff or report their concern by texting CHAMP and their location in the stadium to 69050. Student behavior in the stadium is subject to the MSU Code of Student Conduct, and students will be held accountable for violations.
“Let’s do all we can to make sure everyone – from toddlers to teens and grandparents to Griz fans – can enjoy the game,” Costello said.