OPI Seeking Nominations for Teacher of the Year
HELENA – Superintendent Arntzen is asking all Montanans to nominate 2024 Montana Teacher of the Year candidates. The Montana Teacher of the Year award recognizes teachers who:
- elevate student success by celebrating teachers who honor individual student strengths and each child’s unique abilities
- empower classroom innovation by recognizing teachers who are responsive to the complex realities that define Montana’s diverse and unique classrooms across the state
- enhance pathways to teacher leadership by creating teacher ambassadors at the local, state, and national levels to connect classrooms to the community
All Montanans are encouraged to fill out the simple nomination form before May 12, 2023. Teachers may self-nominate through the form as well. All nominated teachers will be contacted and asked to fill out an application. Applications can be sent to MTTOY@mt.gov.
“Every Montana student deserves a dedicated Montana teacher,” said Superintendent Elsie Arntzen. “I am appreciative of all the teachers that cultivate the future of our state, our children. Join me in championing Montana’s next Teacher of the Year by filling out the nomination form today!”
The 2024 Montana Teacher of the Year timeline is:
- May 12, 2023 Nominations due
- June 23, 2023 Applications due to MTTOY@mt.gov
- July-August 2023 Applications reviewed by committees
- Mid-September 2023 Finalists selected
- Mid-September 2023 Finalists interviewed by state committee, MT TOY selected
- October 2023 National Teacher of the Year Application Due to CCSSO
- February 2024 MT TOY begins duties and NTOY activities
Montana’s program is part of the National Teacher of the Year Program conducted by the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), of which Montana’s Superintendent of Public Instruction is a member. The 2024 Montana Teacher of the Year will go on to represent Montana in the National Teacher of the Year program next year.