MSU Homecoming – October 4-8, 2022
BOZEMAN — Montana State University will celebrate homecoming with a variety of events to be held Oct. 4-8. A schedule of MSU homecoming events that are open to the public follows by date, time and location:
Tuesday, Oct. 4:
- Lighting of the college “M” on Mount Baldy, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 5:
- Ribbon cutting to celebrate the opening of the newly renovated Student Memorial just north of the Duck Pond, 11 a.m.
- Homecoming barbecue on the Centennial Mall, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 6:
- “Go Cats” Lighting of South and North Hedges residence halls. Yard games, free food and music will be available at South Hedges, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 7:
- Blue and Gold Friday, all day. Bobcat fans are encouraged to wear their best blue and gold attire.
- Downtown Bozeman pep rally, 6 to 7 p.m., at the intersection of Willson Avenue and Main Street.
Saturday, Oct. 8:
- “Serenade Before the Parade,” 9:30 a.m., Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 220 W. Main St. Three MSU choral groups will perform a brief recital just before the parade. Alumni interested in singing may come at 8:30 a.m. There is an optional rehearsal on Friday, Oct. 7, from 5:30-6:15 p.m. at the church. For more information, contact Kirk Aamot at 406-994-5755.
- ASMSU homecoming parade, 10 a.m., along Main Street in downtown Bozeman. Groups and individuals who are interested in having a float for their department, student organization or other organization may fill out a parade entry application at montana.edu/homecoming.
- Homecoming tailgate, 11:30 a.m., Kagy practice fields. Cost is $20/person or $10/person ages 5 to 21. An RSVP is required before Tuesday, Oct. 4, at msuaf.org/TGHC22 .
- MSU football versus Idaho State. Kickoff is at 2 p.m. at Bobcat Stadium. For ticket information, call 406-994-2287.
Events are developed and sponsored by the MSU Alumni Foundation and the Programs Activities and Campus Events, or PACE, Board in collaboration with the Office of Student Engagement and the Associated Students of MSU.